High Alumina Brick
High alumina bricks are utilized in blast furnaces and associated stoves, rotary cement, and lime kilns, glass Furnaces, EAF furnace roofs, iron and steel ladles (working and safety linings)
- Made with: Bauxite, kyanite, andalusite, sillimanite
- Benefits: low to medium thermal expansion characteristics, Good resistance to acid and neutral slags, Strong erosion resistance depending on firing temperature
High Alumina Example Products: Seneca 60P & Rescal 90XD
Dolomite fired brick is utilized in steel ladle, AOD, VOD, ladle furnace, and cement kiln applications.
- Made with: Calcined dolomite sand, magnesia, lime, alumina, etc.
- Resistant to the erosion of basic and iron slags, high refractoriness, Good thermodynamic stability, thermal shock resistance & cold crushing strength
Dolomite Brick Example Products: TZ40-DOL & Z-DOL
Magnesia Bricks: Utilized in ferrous smelting furnaces, rotary kilns, glass furnace and checker chambers, electric furnace hearths and sidewall safety linings
Fused Grain Mag-Chrome:
- Made with: High levels of Magnesia (MgO), Chromic Oxide (Cr2O3), Iron Oxide (Fe2O3), and other materials
- Good to excellent resistance to basic slags and environments, high thermal conductivity and high thermal expansion characteristics
Mag-Chrome Example Products: Nucon 60 & Krilex 50
- Made with: High levels of Magnesia (MgO), small amounts of Alumina (Al2O3), and trace amounts of Silica (SiO2) and other materials
- Good structural flexibility which provides enhanced thermal shock properties and makes the product
Mag-Alumina Products Examples: Greenfree KF & Greenfree 92
Fireclay Bricks are utilized mainly in low wear areas of a wide range of refractory applications in iron and steel and industrial applications
- Made with: aluminum silicates
- Good refractoriness, low to medium thermal conductivity, good to high erosion resistance depending on firing temperature and chemistry of the matrix.
Fireclay Bricks Product Examples: Patriot & Patriot HF
Silica Bricks are utilized in coke ovens, glass melting furnace, hot blast stoves dome and upper checker settings
- Made with silica-based raw materials
- Good resistance acid slags and environments, good thermal conductivity, volume stable above ~1200 F