Copper & Nickel Industry and Refractory ProductsResco Products is a leading manufacturer of refractory products to produce copper/nickel. Resco offers a wide array of products. Refractory material ranging from refractory brick to castable formations capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Resco products have high oxidation resistance, chemical resistance to copper oxide, and molten copper.
Refractories for the Copper Industry
- Copper Ore Roasters: Rescocast 15 is recommended in casting hearths. Rescocast 15GM is recommended for gun placement in fluidized bed roasters sidewall and dome linings.
- Electric Smelting Furnace: Super duty Patriot brick recommended for green feed furnaces
- Reverberatory Smelting Furnaces: Krilex products are recommended for their corrosion resistance, low porosity, and permeability to resist penetration and alteration
- Top Blown Rotary Converters (TBRC): Nucon 60 and Krilex 621-2 are recommended in the upper portion of the vessel. Providing good corrosion resistance.
- Flash & Continuous Smelting Furnace: Typically requiring higher quality refractories like Direct-bonded, pre-reacted 50-60% MgO basic brick. Krilex 50 CU and Krilex 621-2 are recommended
- Copper Converters: Environment contains intermediate to high-temperature thermal cycling and a very corrosive slag of iron oxide. Recommended refractory for the tuyere line area and the remaining portion is Krilex 50CU and Krilex 621-2. These refractories are high purity direct bonded 50-60% MgO.
- Refining Furnaces: Nucon 60 provides low porosity, low permeability, and medium resistance to chemical corrosion. For better results, Krilex 50 CU or Krilex 621-2 are recommended.