Resco Products has been servicing the refractory industry for over half a century and grown to 11 facilities across North America which gives us the unique ability to service our customers quickly and efficiently. Resco is a product leader within the refractory industry, creating enhanced products reducing our customers downtime and increasing productivity.
The position of Field Sales Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining existing business at his/her accounts, including working with customers to solve refractory issues and striving for continuous improvement in refractory performance. FSR’s will develop quotations, coordinate joint sales calls with Resco technical staff, order customer product, and maintain inventory levels at the customer location and Resco plants. Sales Reps may be responsible for Field Service Reps that would report to him/her and coordinate the service required at customer locations. This role requires the ability to multi-task and execute against both individual projects as well as broader strategic initiatives.
The Current Team:
This Field Service Representative interacts with the designated regional manager, customer base, technical staff, customer service representative, and Resco service personnel.
- Sale rep must maintain current business and develop new profitable business
- Maintain and develop customer relationships as a representative of Resco
- Develop quotations
- Develop weekly and three-month sales outlook for their territory
- Front line for customer complaint process, initiate complaint form and work for resolution of the complaint.
- Sales rep is responsible for ordering and maintaining sufficient inventories to cover customer needs without building unnecessary inventory at the plants, consignment sites or warehouses.
One Robinson Plaza, Suite 300, 6600 Steubenville Pike Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Tel: 888-283-5505
- Sales rep must monitor customer payments and payment tendencies, when problems
arise, sales rep must get involved and help resolve payment issues
- Coordinate service coverage for installations, product trials, etc.
- Monitor refractory performance, and collect customer operation data and correlate
performance to operating variables
- Interact with technical staff to provide alternate and new products to meet the customer
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required*
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be fully bilingual, English and French both verbally and written.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess good problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from
planning phase through completion.
- Must possess innovative leadership, communication, delivery, consultative, partnership,
and team building skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Bachelor’s degree, particularly Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry or
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce and QAD
- Experience within the ceramic industry, cement, lime, or metals industry but
Resco is willing to offer on the job detail training.
- This position may provide supervisor to up to three Field Service Technicians
- Travel to customer locations, up to 80% travel anticipated, typically within a day’s drive
to the customer and back to home base.
- This position will be based around Montreal or in the province of Quebec.
- To be determined based on qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and we will advise
on timing for interviews: