Resco Products has been servicing the refractory industry for over half a century and grown to 11 facilities across North America which gives us the unique ability to service our customers quickly and efficiently. Resco is a product leader within the refractory industry, creating enhanced products reducing our customers downtime and increasing productivity.
The Operations Manager directly manages both exempt and non-exempt employees to assure that all established key performance metrics are achieved. The Operations Manager is responsible for production improvement and efficiency. Success in this role will be dependent on excellent leadership skills and the ability to set the direction of the plant. You must understand and be involved in scheduling, while also ensuring all policies & procedures are being followed. The Operations Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives and ensuring that quality is maintained to Resco and customer standards.
The Current Team:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for interacting with Purchasing, Inventory & Production Control, Packaging, Shipping, and Plant Management.
• Provide direction and leadership to the production crew to accomplish organizational goals
• Provide financial guidance for all facility capital investments and related business case justifications.
• Collaborate with safety manager to ensure a safe, efficient work place
• Coordinate with staff and other production members with regards to changeovers, inventory, daily production and inventory & quality concerns
• Accomplish and lead manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job result
• Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process, equipment & resources
• Implement cost reductions and improve efficiencies
• Develop reporting procedures and systems
• Facilitate corrections to malfunctions within the process control points
• Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within the department – boost employee morale
• Ensure proper operation of equipment by calling for repairs and documenting items to be addressed
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment, and resources
• Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures
• Assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required*
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
• 4-year degree (Engineering, Operations or Manufacturing related) preferred
• Troubleshoot daily production issues and provide solutions
• Process improvement thinking
• Production Planning and controls for improvement
• Microsoft knowledge; outlook, word, excel Preferences:
• 7+ years of prior management in manufacturing industry
• Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus
• Track record of leading teams and improved business results
• Experience with Business Management software (QAD, MRP, SAP) Physical Requirements:
• Position requires physical ability to climb, crawl, bend, and stand for long hours Travel Requirements:
• Travel required to various facilities in the company may be expected, travel anticipated is less than 5%