Resco Products has been servicing the refractory industry for over half a century and grown to 11 facilities across North America which gives us the unique ability to service our customers quickly and efficiently. Resco is a product leader within the refractory industry, creating enhanced products reducing our customers downtime and increasing productivity.
The Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) serves as the primary contact between the customer and the company by processing customer orders, handling complaints, and providing timely follow-up. The CSR is customer focused and strives to ensure that the services he/she provides are of exceptional quality and beneficial to their customers.
The CSR sells consultatively and is considered an expert resource both for customers and for in-company colleagues. The CSR must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively to a large volume of people throughout the workday. Much of the CSR’s time is spent talking on the telephone, so he/she must be able to apply his/her communication skills over the telephone.
The Current Team:
The Customer Services Team is part of the Sales and Marketing department and partners closely with the Field Sales Representatives, Plant Managers, and customers.
- Work with assigned field sales representatives (FSR), Regional Sales Manager and Customers
- Receive customer orders from several sources, i.e., phone, mail, email, fax, FSR, and place orders.
- Enter orders into system, apply application codes, FSR number, price, quantity, brand, size and any other description of product needed for QAD
- Send out confirmation of order placement
- Verify drawings with engineering department
- Verify product specifications with FSR and Technical Staff to enter correctly in system
- Assign new QAD item numbers for all new products
- Depending on the nature of the request from the customer, work with technical staff market managers and R&D to help define product needs and product specifications to meet the customer’s request
- Work with freight company to arrange shipping of the material to customer site and billing of freight
- Fill out various forms including Mold Authorization, Credit Authorization, and Material Return Authorization
- Convey quotes for specific customer requests using pricing as set by Regional Manager and handle standard terms of sale with the customer.
- Release shipment of product in QAD to be shipped as requested
- Arrange for all samples to be shipped from our plant and for testing our products
- Arrange and handle all paperwork for any purchased product
- Assist in processing of Letters of Credit and additional required paperwork associated with export sales
- Assist with preparation of packing slips and arrange ocean freight and containers
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required*
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years of industrial customer service experience, preferably in refractories or a related industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must possess strong problem-solving abilities
- College credits or degree
- Experience with QAD and Salesforce
- Experience with Excel