Resco Products has been servicing the refractory industry for over half a century and grown to 11 facilities across North America which gives us the unique ability to service our customers quickly and efficiently. Resco is a product leader within the refractory industry, creating enhanced products reducing our customers downtime and increasing productivity.
The Material Manager is the primary resource for all plant Raw Material purchasing, cycle counting, and raw material inventory management. Manage the performance of assigned suppliers and the development of appropriate programs with those suppliers that allow for the timely delivery of quality products and services in the most efficient and cost beneficial manner. The Material Manager directly manages hourly crushing and grinding employees as well as material handlers throughout the plant. Also, this person interacts with all support personnel to assure that all established key performance metrics are achieved. He/she will be responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures, for driving continuous improvement initiatives and for ensuring that quality is maintained to Resco standards.
The Current Team:
The Material Manager works closely with the Plant Manager and Plant Personnel.
- Overall accountability for the plants crushing and grinding operation
- Overall responsibility for all raw material in the plant including purchasing, incoming logistics, and warehousing
- Schedule work & assign resources
- Ensure compliance to all established policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the material management and flow processes
- Optimize material usage, waste, and inventory positions
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the work of a group of employees and is also responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that
One Robinson Plaza, Suite 300, 6600 Steubenville Pike Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Tel: 888-283-5505
enable and encourage the optimum performance of its employees and other resources within the business unit.
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required*
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
- 3-5 years of experience (2-3 in a material management role) in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Working knowledge of best in class material management practices including HSE, Quality, and inventory management
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven team leadership and coaching skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime may be required
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics
- Experience in a union environment
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Experience with Business Management software (QAD, MRP, SAP)
- This position provides direct supervision to Hourly Employees (2-15 employees)
- Position requires physical ability to climb, crawl, bend, and stand for long hours
- Data analysis and problem solving are also required in the position
- Travel required to various facilities in the company may be expected, travel anticipated is less than 10%.