Resco Products has been servicing the refractory industry for over half a century and grown to 11 facilities across North America which gives us the unique ability to service our customers quickly and efficiently. Resco is a product leader within the refractory industry, creating enhanced products reducing our customers downtime and increasing productivity.
Position will be responsible for packaging production; overseeing all union personnel in the packaging department. This position will interact with all aspects of the plant; raw materials, packaging, shipping and QA. Will be responsible for implementing Safety Policies and Procedures, drive Continuous Improvement and ensure Quality is maintained to the Resco standards. This position will report directly to the General Foremen.
• Conducts daily Safety Talks, Packaging data reporting and key driver for Shift Safety Improvement.
• Provides direction and leadership to the packaging crew to insure departmental goals.
• Coordinate with packaging and shipping daily load requirements, inventory needs, quality concerns, and Kiln push rate.
• Insure daily packaging requirements are delivered in-time and in-full per the “work order” requirement.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment monitoring and resources.
• Implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within the process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within the department.
• Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action.
• Maintains working relationship with Union by following collective bargaining agreement.
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Assisting in implementing LEAN concepts and Continuous Improvement Activities.
• All other duties as assigned.
The Current Team:
• This role will be responsible for interacting with Inventory and Production Control, Packaging, Shipping and Plant Management. The function is to provide a Safe process with improved product to our valued customers.
• The ideal candidate for this job is self-motivated who is highly focused on daily production/packaging requirements. The individual MUST be highly organized, analytical, and the ability to effectively communicate with all personnel at all levels of the operations. Team builder, who is always thinking ahead.
• Troubleshoot daily packaging issues and provide daily problem solving solutions.
• Experience with a union environment
• Process Improvement thinking
• Production Planning and controls for improvement
• Refractory Experience a plus.
• Able to work any shift, however this is a 7-3:30pm shift.
• Overtime required possible weekend work necessary.
• Microsoft knowledge; outlook, work excel.
• 4 year degree preferred
• Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
• Experience in a Union environment.
• Experience with QAD a plus.